Anacostia Aquaponics is looking for serious team members that are willing to invest some time towards advancing aquaponics food production in Washington, DC. If you are interested in becoming a team member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your interest in aquaponics; any relevant experience you have to help us reach our goals; and any questions you may have.
Aquaponics is a highly efficient method of growing plants and fish together in a recirculating, symbiotic environment. It can be practiced locally in urban areas like DC, and provide major ecological, health, and economic benefits to individual growers and our city as a whole. But it is challenging work and it will take a team effort to help aquaponics go mainstream. Anacostia Aquaponics currently has three systems that are constructed; we have a few more systems in development; and we are searching for more opportunities.
Here are some activities that you would be involved in if you become a team member:
- Maintaining and operating existing aquaponics systems, and assessing their quality of plant and fish production.
- Designing and constructing new aquaponics systems.
- Identifying opportunities for new aquaponics systems in the DC area and developing marketing materials and sales strategies to land these opportunities.
- Researching the benefits of aquaponics, both to individual growers and to society as a whole.
- Developing Anacostia Aquaponics social media presence, business development, and community engagement.