The Hootie 2.0 is a self-enclosed ecosystem that uses nutrient-rich fish-tank water to grow vegetables.
This system is designed to host about 3 lbs of ornamental goldfish or koi, and to grow 6 to 8 leafy greens or herbs at a time.
The Hootie 2.0 sales package includes:
- Site consultation
- Startup and system cycling
- 1 year full service contract
- Fifty-percent off our Small-Scale Aquaponics Training Course and Certificate Program for you and your colleagues ($89 after discount)
The Hootie 2.0 is delivered ready-to-grow with biologically active water. It includes all necessary materials for operation:
- 29-gal fish-tank with aquarium gravel
- T5 grow-light and supports
- Water pump and plumbing
- Aerator pump and air stone
- Detailed operations manual and maintenance checklist
- Surge protector power cord
- Automatic bell-siphon for improved growbed oxygenation
- Revolutionary rollout growbed for easy fish-tank access
- Split water flow for optimal tank circulation and easy water discharge
- Hidden compartment for accessories and electrical connections
- Overhang grow light with adjustable height cords
Hootie 2.0 Sales Package: $1,699 + tax
The Hootie 2.0 is manufactured by Avanti Woodworks on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC.